WHEN YOU GET HOME:
- Keep the sterile dressing that your tattoo artist applied for you on for 2-3 hours. Only remove the dressing in a hygienic environment, using clean hands.
- On the removal of the dressing, clean your tattoo by gently washing the tattoo with warm water and a mild liquid soap only (NOT bar soap).
- Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel, ensure your tattoo is completely dry before applying ointment. Do not apply any ointment until the day after tomorrow.
For the next two to three weeks:
- 2-4 times a day, clean your tattoo by gently washing the tattoo with warm water.
- Pat completely dry with a clean paper towel and apply a thin layer of Bepanthen over your tattoo, keeping it moist but not soggy.
DURING THE HEALING:
- Do NOT use Savlon, Vaseline (petroleum jelly) or any other creams!
- AVOID sunbathing, swimming/baths, saunas, paint, pets, industrial cleaners, cream or ointments (except the ones recommended) until you tattoo is healed – between 2-3 weeks.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch your tattoo:
- Swelling and mild bleeding is normal for the first few days; hands, arms, legs and feet tend to swell more than other places.
- Peeling skin and mild itchiness is expected during the scab formation (1-2 weeks).
- If any problems persist, please contact the tattoo artist who provided the service, as soon as possible.
- If you need any touch-ups to your new tattoo, please book within 45 days from the day of your appointment and it’s free. After 45 days there will be a charge.
Please note that this aftercare is a guide and your tattoo artist should have spoken to you beforehand about how to take care of your new tattoo!